As of February 1, 2010, we are officially waiting again to see how God works to add another little blessing to our family! It sort of feels like we are announcing a "pregnancy" ... but don't know the due date and we won't have 9 months to prepare when we do find that date out! We have decided to do a domestic adoption since we want to experience the newborn bonding experience again. We are looking forward to Peter having a sibling. He is now attending BSF (Bible Study Fellowship) with me once a week, and gets to play with other kids who are 2 and under, in his class. After his second time in his class, one of the leaders told me that he really liked the little 4 month old baby who is also in his class. It's so cute how much he does like little babies. We think he will be a great big brother.
Peter is almost 16 months now, and boy is he changing and growing. His molars are coming through, which has caused him to be a bit more cranky (which I can't blame!). He likes to see what he can get away with these days, which is trying my patience, but I have to remember that this is all normal and just a phase he is going through. My cousin told me that it sounds like he is starting the "terrible twos" early, and I completely agree. Oh well, we can get them over now, I guess!
I got to share Peter's story at the Lifeline Pregnancy Care Center banquet just a couple days ago. It was such a blessing to get to share his story. A story that God gets the glory and no one else...only He could write a story like that! It was especially great to have our Health and Welfare Social Worker, Natalie, there with us at our table. It was my Mom's idea to invite her, and she seemed so happy to be invited and to attend. She is the person who brought Peter to our home when he was 9 days old and she also came to our home once a month until the adoption was completed. So we really got to know eachother. She is such a nice lady.
It has been a busy last few weeks around here, with my Uncle Dan coming for a visit to go skiing here in the beautiful Idaho mountains. Then I was in McCall with my Mom for a week. That was just the perfect thing for me to be able to work on writing out Peter's story the way I wanted to for sharing it at the banquet. Henry came up for the weekend. Then a couple days after we got home, Johanna flew in. We are having a good time with her while she is here. It is amazing how much I miss her and how when she is here I have a hard time not feeling a bit upset about the fact that she isn't always here. She and I have so much fun together and I just miss that soo much. I am so thankful that Jared has such a good attitute about her coming to visit us - especially since they've only been married 4 months. They are such a sweet couple. I am so happy for them. We are looking forward to when they come together for a visit this Summer and in the Fall, as well!
Henry has been soo busy at our shop. On top of the normal daily routine of running the shop as the office manager, he and our business partner have purchased a builing that we will be moving our shop to. Thankfully, it is located across the street from our current location, so it won't be a huge change for our customers. We have 3 months (which we are in the middle of) to get the new building renovated and set up for us to move into. Wow, is that a big job. Henry has been spending part of his Saturdays there (while Peter is down for his nap), and they worked every evening while I was up in McCall. They are realizing that it is going to be hard to get it all done in time, so my friend, Scarlet's husband, Marc, is helping out with framing for another garage door today. Henry was excited about having him help out with that project.
So life has been a bit stressfull with all of this going on and paying for two shops for 3 months as well. But, God is faithful and continues to provide work, for which we are so very thankful! Peter and I visit Daddy at the shop often, which Peter thorougly enjoys. He gets so excited when we pull up to the shop, saying, "Dada!". He has just begun throwing fits when it is time to say "byebye" to Daddy and to the shop and to "Uncle Martin". He likes how Henry lets him push the button to make the car lift go up in the air and how he gets to run around and get his hands all greasy. Charming the customers is also something he is very good at!
I guess that pretty much sums up the latest around here.
As we wait for God's blessing of another little one in our home, we are much less anxious then before. We are much busier with Peter running around the house! We are so thankful that it is starting to show signs of Spring here in Idaho. The Spring flowers are starting to bloom! Peter is enjoying playing in the dirt and being outside with the dogs. He barks "ruffruff" all the time. And laughs and laughs as he watches Daddy feed the dogs every evening when he comes home from work. That laughter is such a blessing to our hearts and we praise God for blessing us with such a wonderful son. He truly is the greatest gift we have ever received!
Unanswered Questions
15 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment