Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Fun Announcement!

What a fun thing to announce! I am pregnant! We were shocked, especially after doctors telling us that we would have to do IVF to have a biological child. We had accepted God's plan for our family; which we believed to be to grow our family through the process of adoption. We were on the list, waiting for that phone call, when we were completely taken off guard and blown away to have a pregnancy test read, "Pregnant"!
I have had morning sickness for the past 5 weeks, but am feeling more normal now, and am thinking the morning sickness part just may be over. Lucky for me! I went shopping for maternity clothes today for the first time, and was blown away by how comfortable the maternity pants felt. I am convinced that I do need to begin wearing them rather then my regular clothes. I feel like my belly is really starting to grow, although to a person who doesn't know I am pregnant, they would just guess I have gained a few pounds.

Henry and I have had to mentally shift from adoption plans to knowing our due date and seeing our baby via ultrasound at just 8 weeks! It already had arms, legs and was moving around! That did help it seem more real, as we felt we were living a dream. Many of the emotions and feelings I have felt about this pregnancy are exactly the same as I remember going through when God gave us Peter. It was such a surprise then, too! We tease that God must think we are really fun to surprise!
We had so much fun telling everyone. A common response was, "Are you serious?"  We totally understood!
This is an experience I had always wanted to go through, but had given to God, feeling he had said "No" - that adoption was His plan. Little did we know that he was really saying, "Wait."

We KNOW that His plan was for Peter to be in our family, as our first born. And what a joy he is! Peter is 19 months now, and his vocabulary is growing rapidly, as well as his climbing skills and his temper tantrum "skills." We love reading books together. He will actually sit through a whole book and more now! He sleeps so well all night, and takes 2-3 hour naps, which has been such a blessing since I have been needing a nap in the afternoon as well. We have our precious "nap time" and the rest of the evening is much more likely to go smoothly for all of us. Peter especially likes our dogs, Leasha and Sadie - I see bonding going on their more and more every day. He is also quite fond of our new "pets" - we have 4 chickens in the back corner of our property, in a coop, and we enjoy gathering eggs each day and then eating them for breakfast the next day. Oh, little joys.

Well, this has been a fun announcement to make! We have a Christmas time due date. So lots to happen between now and then. We are looking forward to celebrating Peter's Adoption Day (1st Anniv) this Friday, with our little family! Hard to believe it's been a year already! Then Henry and I will be celebrating our 14th Wedding Anniversary! June is a fun month around here, for sure.

2 comments:

Jeremy and Keri said...

Loved the update K's! Hope we can hag with yall soon!

JB for Brownies

Just Moores said...

I can't get over how much Peter just looks like a little boy now--not much baby left! Wow! He's so handsome. The update was great to hear about everything. Wish we could get together sometime!


10 Weeks

10 Weeks



Peter's First Christmas

Peter's First Christmas

7 Weeks