Monday, September 15, 2008

My First Blog

So, this is our first blog. I have been procrastinating gettting this blog officially up and running. I think I've been putting it off because I feel like there is so much to say and so much that most of you already know and so many emotions...

We are on a journey that seems to already be stretching on for a very long time. We have desired and prayed for children for 8 years now. After finding out that we would not be able to have natural born children, we began praying for direction regarding adoption. I must admit, Henry was ready to begin the process way before I was... I really had to work through the stages of grief over the fact that I would not experience a pregnancy. I wanted to make sure that in making decisions regarding adoption, I was healthy and ready to move in that direction with all my heart. Well, God has done that and much more in directing us through the process of adopting from the country of The Philippines. That's a long story in and of itself, but I'll just suffice it to say that when God leads, He doesn't leave you hanging (even though it felt like that at times), He continues to give direction as you seek Him. He is Faithful! We can't wait to see how God weaves our family together! We have so much support and love from soo many wonderful people. It helps while we wait. Although the wait seems to be so long...
I will try to update our blog from time to time.

2 comments:

julie f said...

Hi, Miriam!

I love the name of your blog and I am so excited to follow this journey with you. Even though we are just across town from each other, I feel pretty "closed in" these days, and will greatly enjoy keeping in touch this way!

Our prayers are with you as you wait for God's timing in filling up your home with little ones!!

Love,
Julie

Sharad Yadav said...

I'm really glad you're writing this stuff down - not only is it therapeutic to put your thoughts on (digital) paper, but it's a great way to let other people who love you know what's going on (you just have to say, "check my blog!"). I'll check it often!


10 Weeks

10 Weeks



Peter's First Christmas

Peter's First Christmas

7 Weeks